Bridget recently held a very successful Green Cleaning Workshop here on the Central Coast – we were all engaged throughout the presentation and being early childhood and environmental educators, found the visual presentation, practical and cost effective ideas, hands-on interaction and handouts were all valuable learning tools and enabled us to pass on this information effectively to other Centre staff, colleagues and families. Thank you Bridget for your inspiration!
Professional Development Training
In a nut shell:
This Professional Development Course teaches participants how to implement cleaning procedures that remove harmful germs, while protecting the children, staff and the environment
Who is this session for?
Early Childhood educators and carers
- Understand the health risks linked to cleaning chemicals and poor handling practices
- Learn how to read labels and which products to avoid and use
- Protect vulnerable infants from chemical fumes and residues
- Break the chain of infection by applying effective cleaning techniques
- Plan low-harm, high hygiene strategies that comply with the ACECQA National Quality Framework Accreditation guidelines
What does this session include?
2 hour training session for all staff:
- Practical and interactive demonstrations
- Presentation and group discussion
- Detailed and referenced training workbooks
- A Certificate of Attendance
1 hour planning session for team leaders:
- Optional planning session includes policy and procedural templates
What does it cost?
- $550 – 2 hour staff training session, or
- $400 – 2 hour Skype or teleconference
- $150 – Additional 1 hour planning session (optional)
- Prices are excluding GST
- 10% discount applies to Not-For-Profit Organisations
- Additional fees apply if travel and accommodation is required
- Price valid until 31st December 2016
- As an in-service PD training session
- For a group of Early Childhood Services or Local Council
- As a teleconference or Skyped session
- As a conference seminar session (price negotiable)
About your trainer:
Bridget Gardner is Australia’s leading authority in safe cleaning practices, and has provided training to early childhood services since 2004.
Bridget directed the 2008 action-research project in childcare called SASI Clean™ (Safe And Sustainable Indoor Cleaning), with Swinburne University, the City of Yarra and Sustainability Victoria funding. The findings underpin this session.
What people are saying...
- Eva Fox. Water Education in Pre-Schools Central Coast
“The staff found the information really interesting and practical, not just for the centre but also for their own homes. The next day they couldn’t stop talking about it and have felt empowered by making such easy changes. Within one week we have switched our dishwashing liquid, rinse aid and laundry detergent, and we still have a long list of things to improve!”Vanessa Crozier, Coordinator, Elwood Children’s Centre
Thanks again for the wonderful presentation you held for our staff. We have all come away with some great ideas and new ways of using safer products for everyday cleaning.Leanne Bouchereau Assistant Director, Greythorn Early Childhood Centre, Vic
A practical and informative training session that has motivated my team to make changes to their practices… Bridget knows the information really well and is able to back it up with theory!Sharon McGrath Co-ordinator of Childcare Services, Hobsons Bay, Vic
Bridget Gardner provides thoroughly researched and easy to implement sustainable cleaning practices.Sue Elliot, founding convener of Environmental Education in Early Childhood Vic Inc (EEEC)